Apologies for neglecting this blog for a while. Here’s a brief update on things.
For The Wire magazine I wrote a review of Timothy D Taylor’s latest book, Music and Capitalism: A History of the Present. Review published in the May issue #387. Taylor’s book published by The University of Chicago Press.
Remixed Pinata, a track from Tobias Reber’s album Kola.
Remixed a piece of music for Audio Obscura – a musician I met last winter on a sound recording course with Chris Watson and Jez Riley French. To be released on disc 2 of forthcoming album, Western Wind.
Working on a set for the Imaginary Forces show by Imaginary Forces on Radar Radio.
Continuing the Tintinnabuli Mathematica project, generating new MIDI sequences and making new sounds with recently-purchased FM8 VSTi synth.
- Russell Haswell – TONGUE DANCER ’85 (Editions Mego)
- Peder Mannerfelt – Controlling Body (Peder Mannerfelt Produktion)
- Machine Woman – Genau House (Where To Now? Records)
- Lee Gamble – Chain Kinematics (UIQ Inversions series)
- Dale Cornish – For Study (Bandcamp)
- Autechre – elseq 1–5 (Warp Records)